Mrs. Kelly Irvin
My goal is to find a job that challenges me to explore visually stimulating ideas and designs that captivate audiences. My turnaround in production is lightning fast thanks to over 13 years in the newspaper business.
- Production Director
Yukon Review (2003-2015)
– Designed advertisements for over 300 clients for a twice-weekly newspaper on average creating over 50 new ads each paper.
– Worked with a team of 4 sales personnel providing speculative advertisements as needed to close advertising contracts.
– Managed layout and pagination of 36-page newspapers, seasonal tabloids and magazines sometimes exceeding 60 pages.
– Developed corporate identity, logos, editorial charts and other marketing material essential to increasing newspaper distribution.
– Directly reported to owner and ensured each newspaper was submitted to press by 6pm each issue.
– Maintained digital archive of every page of each issue and advertisement from 2008 to 2015.
- Graphic Designer
Weatherford Daily News (2001-2003)
- B.A. Graphic Design
SW Oklahoma State University (1997-2001)
- Certification in Graphic Arts
Western Technology Center (1995-1997)
Adobe Photoshop CC 99%
Adobe Indesign CC 95%
Adobe Illustrator CC 93%
Adobe Acrobat Pro CC 90%
Quark XPress 96%
MS Office 90%
HTML5 / CSS3 91%
Including, but not limited to…
- Advertisement Design
- Logo and Identity Design
- Package Design
- Web Design
- Page Layout
- Photo Retouching
- Tight Deadline Management